Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Visit California for Arts Exhibits & Los Angeles Photography, Festival of Film, New Movies and Books

By cavallier

Posted on: April 17, 2013 at 3:54PM

Planning a trip to Los Angeles? LA offers a number of great art events throughout the city. Whether you’re a fan of photography, film, literature, or all of the above, you won’t be disappointed with so many culture rich things to do in Los Angeles. Like to read? Check out the LA Times Festival of Books! Here, you can browse and shop for new and rare titles to add to your book collection and attend talks with authors. The line-up of readings and moderated conversations offers enriching topics from history, politics and current events to fiction, poetry and kids sing-a-long musical acts. For fans of film, from April 15th to 22nd, The Franco American Cultural Fund sponsors the City of Lights, City of Angels film event, which features more than 50 new French films. Some of the films premiering this year are “It Happened in Saint-Tropez,” “In the House,” and “Therese and Hidden Beauties.” May 2nd through May 12th, The Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival will feature Asian American and Asian international filmmakers’ feature-length and short films. The Director’s Guild of America (DGA), CGV Cinemas located in Koreatown, the Tateuchi Democracy Forum at NCPD in Little Tokyo, and the historic Art Theatre of Long Beach showcase 33 feature films and 108 shorts throughout the 10 day festival. Month of Photography Los Angeles (MOPLA) features the Los Angeles community of commercial, fine art and photojournalism photographers and is one of the largest photography communities in the United States. MOPLA 2013’s theme, Wide Angle: Exploring New Photography from Los Angeles and Beyond, aims to showcase bodies of work that have been previously unseen or exhibited in Los Angeles. Make sure to catch MOPLA before it ends on April 27th! I found out about these great events from my favorite travel guide, Travel with Carnet! You can visit Carnet here: http://bit.ly/carnet-losangeles-0413 report a problem

You are posting a reply to Visit California for Arts Exhibits & Los Angeles Photography, Festival of Film, New Movies and Books

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions