Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Getting shipped wine home

By elthompson14

Posted on: October 09, 2008 at 9:23AM

Since you can't fly with wine any more and going to wine country without purchasing wine is almost impossible, I have a solution. When my husband and I went to Sonoma we purchased bottles of wine from various wineries. We had about 16 bottles to take home by the time we left. Since we never purchased an entire case from any one winery it didn't make sense to have the individual winery ship it to us. Right before we left, we took all the wine to a Pack N Ship store. They boxed it all up and safely packaged it for shipping, sent it to us, and it arrived at our house shortly after we arrived home. It was very easy and the best way to bring the Sonoma wine experience home with you. Just a word of warning though, each state has its own rules on shipping alcohol so be sure to check on what your home state allows before you leave. And a signature is required to recieve a shipment of alcohol so sometimes it is best to ship it to an office or someplace where you know an adult is there to sign no matter what time of day it arrives. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Getting shipped wine home

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions