Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

North End of the Wine Country

By FeatherbedRailroad

Posted on: November 07, 2008 at 6:44PM

If you all haven't been to Lake County, it's at the northern end of the wine country and boasts 23 wineries. This area is still somewhat rural, so there is plenty of agritourism as well as nature walks, etc. The dormant volcano Konocti has spread its lava throughout the reason, helping make the grape growing terrific. There are several great places to stay including the Tallman Hotel, a 100+ year old hotel and the Featherbed Railroad, a bed and breakfast made of a collection of railroad cabooses that are decorated in themes. There are several others, too. Lake County has a terrific tourism board with helpful staff so you can go to them with your ideas and they'll help you out. Great place to go that's not stuffy or uppity but the wines are great - it's like Napa of the 1960s. report a problem

You are posting a reply to North End of the Wine Country

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions