Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: August 28, 2009 at 10:03PM

Always hire a DRIVER!! When we first traveled Bordeaux we hired a driver. Then, we returned to CA and hired a driver. We have learned that hiring a driver accomplishes four important things: (1) you can relax and not have to worry about navigating an area that you're unfamiliar with + no worries about driving under the influence (which you should never do!) (2) the driver has tremendous insight into small, boutique wineries that you've never even heard of before. Our driver made a few phone calls after having taken us to the wineries that we requested and got us into the private homes of a few winemakers... for free. It was incredible. (3) using a driver instead of a shuttle or the wine train frees you from wandering the roads too traveled for little reason (a la Sutter Home, Chandon, etc) and (4) a great driver will work on your time and your budget; often wineries will forgo a tasting fee if you're in the company of a winery 'friend' (ie a driver). We tasted at Jessup and the Driver had arranged a cheese plate and tasting for us. Nevermind, that he gave a detailed history on any winery that we visited! report a problem

Posted on: July 18, 2010 at 6:05PM

AlanaJean - do you have any recommendations for drivers? Who did you use?

You are posting a reply to Take a Drive

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions