Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Travel in Style by Vintage Railroad

By ncha9816

Posted on: October 16, 2008 at 1:15AM

The most fabulous travel holiday we have ever experienced is to travel by vintage rail from Cape Town to Victoria Falls via Johannesburg. Contact ROVOS RAIL to experience the most Luxurious Railroad in the World. I recommend that you pay the extra for the Deluxe Railcars - because there are two suites per rail car. I am sure that the next level is as comfortable, but since there are three suites per car the overall size of the suite is reduced by 1/3. You probably lose the clawfoot tub and only have the shower. The voyage starts in Cape Town and ends in Johannesburg. An overnight is provided then the train departs the next day onwards to Victoria Falls. When we experienced this trip the train stopped at the South Africa border and continued via vintage DC4 airplane. This was great but the train now continues all the way to the falls and this would be much better. The entire trip is a gourmet adventure and includes all beverages and gourmet food almost at any time. The bartender stays as late as the guests in the parlor car. The wines are all South African but are the very best the country offers. Each meal is accompanied by at least 15-20? different wines to sample. Along the way the train stops at sites of interest including the Kimberly Diamond mine and a safari near the Kruger Park. Have a great time. We Did! And we will return soon. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Travel in Style by Vintage Railroad

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions