Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

first time to Cape Town

By kindnesskiss

Posted on: December 04, 2008 at 10:28AM

Hello All, I am planing a trip next Oct to Cape Town. What tips could any of you whom have been there share with me to make my stay more pleasant. The simple things one would not even think of, without having been there, I have some travelling experience, but it has all been gained first hand, and this trip I'd like to be prepared first hand, as it is a long way from home. No matter how simple or complicated, please share your experiences. Much Gratitude Kindnesskiss report a problem

Posted on: August 21, 2009 at 4:42AM

hello, if you are planning to be in Cape Town in October you cannot afford to miss the whale watching in Hermanus. It is considered the best land based whale watching spot in the world. Enjoy your trip, lilredshoes

Posted on: May 28, 2009 at 4:31PM

I definitely agree you should plan ahead and know what you want to do ahead of time. Cape Town has so much to offer, I was fortunate enough to spend 5 months there studying, but there is so much you can do in just a week or so time. I would recommend staying in different places, depending on how long your trip is, maybe a hotel by one of the beachs a couple days, and then maybe in a city for a couple others. Safaris are one of the great things about Africa, but if you can't go to one of the big main parks in northern South Africa, I would not recommend the small 'game reserves' closer to Cape Town, it is just not the same. Make a list of some of the top things you want to do, then start making plans from there.

Posted on: December 13, 2008 at 1:40PM

You will love Cape Town, it is an amazing city. There is so much to do that I would advise researching the high points and make sure you pre-schedule the most popular things like a tour of Robben Island which is a very moving experience and can often be hard to book on short notice - but also make sure to leave your self some free time to go with the flow. It's easy to schedule every minute but you will want time to just sit outside with a coffee or a drink and enjoy the atmosphere. Be sure and spend some time away from the heavy touristed waterfront too as there are other interesting areas of the city. A day trip down to Cape Point including visiting the Boulder Beach penguins on the way back is a day well spent too.

You are posting a reply to first time to Cape Town

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions