Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Penguins on the beach!

By Guest

Posted on: September 09, 2009 at 2:14PM

You must take the train to Simon's Town nearby Cape Town and see the Penguins. They live on the beach and you can get really close to them in their natural habitat. Amazing! report a problem

Posted on: January 29, 2011 at 5:06PM

Actually, it's close to Simon's Town, but the actual place with penguins is called Boulders. There is a small penguin sanctuary, managed by Sanparks, so you'll have to pay a small entrance fee. There are boardwalks to the beach, where you can see the penguins swimming, sitting on the eggs, lounging in the sun. You will also pass a penguin hotel - there are lots of big plastic bottles cut offs, positioned to look like shelters for penguins. They are numbered and you can see the penguins migrating from the beach via their own walkway to their 'hotel rooms'. By the way, there are lots of penguins, really. And this kind lives only in South Africa.

You are posting a reply to Penguins on the beach!

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions