Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Art Institute of Chicago

By Guest

Posted on: November 18, 2008 at 5:42PM

If you arrive within one hour of closing, the admission staff will let you name your admission price. Regular price is $12 for adults. When we arrived, the cashier asked us to name our price. We said $4 meaning $4 for each of us for a total of $8, however, she only charged us $4 total. Of course you can't see the entire museum in an hour, but we have been there many times before and only wanted to see A Sunday on La Grande Jatte by Georges Seurat along with the other Impressionists. Since we only wanted to see a small portion, the price was fantastic! report a problem

Posted on: December 11, 2008 at 3:50PM

Yes, indeed, the "Institute" has no equal anywhere in the world and I am including the Prada in Madrid, the Guggenheim in Spain, among others. But, be advised(as of my last visit)that the entry cost is "offering only." That is, whatever you care to give-if your visits are often enough(as mine used to be)and you are not a member(allowing "free" entry)you may just want to dig deep enough to not embarrass yourself. Whatever the price of entry the Chagall Windows and Seurat's piece(just how many dogs are in it, anyhow?)are always a most hospitable welcome. Always, a patron of the arts!

You are posting a reply to Art Institute of Chicago

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions