Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By gbawol

Posted on: August 26, 2009 at 11:29AM

Visited Chicago in July and our stayed downtown at the Dana. The staff was attentive, courteous and helpfu, especially the doormen. Consistently passed on good advice on local restuarants, shops, and directions on how to skirt the continuous road construction (when aren't they fixing somethins??). One sidelight for us was the amount of street noise that reached our 12th floor room. Did not help that there is a fire station two blocks over and runs 24/7 (wehre would you find this in a guidebook?). If you are used to the quiet country setting, downtown stay may not be ideal for you even though you can learn to navigate the city like a native. Alternate choice would be either down by the lakefront or a suburban hotel. The excellent transportation system should ease the need to bring a car downtown since this is basically financial suicide (fees are high everywhere). report a problem

You are posting a reply to Downtown Location

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions