Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By emileeleblanc

Posted on: August 21, 2009 at 8:03AM

If you buy a trail pass or a combination rail and trail pass for Cinque Terre, you also get limitless bus rides on the green buses that will take you high in the hills behind each town. They make great sightseeing excursions. They go slow and the vistas are fabulous. The tourist offices (not fabulously helpful) can provide you with ideas for busing up and hiking down. The trip up from Vernazza is particularly stunning. report a problem

Posted on: September 08, 2009 at 5:35PM

I agree wholeheartedly about the buses and the train tickets. We lucked into a guide who provided us written directions for our hikes and took care of all the dinner and hotel reservations, so we hiked up some mountains and down again, but when we were too tired to go back the way we came, we could zip back by train, or we could ride up to the top, and then hike down -- all sorts of variations for very little money. We went at the end of the season (late Sept.) and stayed through the beginning of the off-season (Oct.) and were delighted to discover that it was warm enough to swim. And all the hiking we did do allowed us to eat and drink as much as we wanted without gaining an ounce!

You are posting a reply to Free Sightseeing

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions