Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Something everyone should do in CR

By Guest

Posted on: August 26, 2009 at 9:25AM

One of the favorite things to do when vacationing in Costa Rica is to take a zip line tour. For those that don't know, as described in Wikipedia, a zip line consists of a pulley suspended on a cable mounted on an incline. They are designed to enable a person to be propelled by gravity to traverse from the top to the bottom of the inclined cable, usually made of stainless steel, by holding on or attaching to the freely moving pulley. Granted, that sounds a bit technical but in reality it is a blast. My husband and I have done a few but our favorite is at Hotel Vista Golfo The 25 cable canopy tour over 11 waterfalls and cascades is one of the longest in all of Costa Rica. The tour starts with a horseback ride which takes you through some amazing vistas to the first platform. You will then enjoy the amazing feeling of flying down on 25 different zip lines . . some long, some short. The full day canopy tour will lead you through the Mountains of Gold and their beautiful views. In the middle of the tour you will fly across a natural swimming "hole". It is here you will stop for a rest and a swim after doing a rappel and where you will enjoy a lunch snack provided by the hotel. The guides are professional and more than willing to assist you during your tour. The leaders of the tour all spoke English and even those that didn't are all very eager to help. Our guide Jorge was amazing!! This is one of the longest tours we have personally found and enjoyed in Costa Rica and it really is an all day adventure (depending of course on what time you start). This particular canopy tour takes approximately 5 hours (depending on how many people are in you group) which is followed by dinner at the hotel (a casada . . . which consists of rice, beans, fried plantains, salad and some type of meat like fish, red meat, pork or chicken). When we took the tour in December 2006 and it was $79 per person. They might even have discounts for large groups. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Something everyone should do in CR

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions