Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Frank´s Place Hotel: an authentic tico experience in Malpais

By Guest

Posted on: July 04, 2010 at 2:47PM

The Nicoya Peninsula (Malpais, Santa Teresa and Montezuma) is a wonderful area of Costa Rica with paradisiac beaches, this will make you say: this is Costa Rica. However this is not so much the case when it comes to food and accommodations since the area is full of small boutique hotels and restaurants owned and managed by foreigners. Even if the places are gorgeous and well appointed, there are not so different from hotels and restaurants found in the Western world. If you want to experience the true Pura Vida lifestyle, stay at Frank´s Place hotel, one of the very few hotels owned and managed by a tico family. During week-ends, the hotel is often full of ticos who come to the beach for the week-end. The garden and pool are very nice area to relax, the restaurant is located near the pool under an amazing and typical rancho. You will hear people speaking Spanish and get a better insights into the Pura Vida culture which is so difficult to reach. The receptionists are from the Peninsula and will be able to direct you to local spots to surf, swim or see wildlife. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Frank´s Place Hotel: an authentic tico experience in Malpais

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions