Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Questin on shopping at "Name Brand" stores

By Guest

Posted on: September 28, 2009 at 4:38PM

When shopping in Mexico, do the big internationally known stores barter with you? For example, I am wanting to go to Swarovski and see if they have a couple items I have seen here in the US and on the website. Also does anyone know if there is a Swarovski store in Playa del Carmen? Or would I have to go to Cancun or Cozumel? I will be staying at Secrets Silversands. Also, any suggestions for shopping for gemstone jewelry. Specifically, aquamarine or blue topaz. Thanks! report a problem

Posted on: September 30, 2009 at 5:46PM

Hi Buzymom11, We asked Maribeth Mellin, Concierge.com's Mexico correspondent, to reply to your question. Here's what she had to say: "Diamonds International has one store in Playa del Carmen. They carry Swarovski jewelry--crystal heart necklaces, flip flop earrings and such, but no figurines. The company also has nine stores on Cozumel. A bit of bargaining is possible, especially if you're spending big bucks. They have "discounts" for cruise passengers and coupons on their website: http://www.shopdi.com/Playa-Del-Carmen/lo/lomeastpdc.cfm In Playa, Ambar Mexicano has a gorgeous collection of amber from Chiapas and an adjacent store called Ambar y Opalo with gemstone jewelry. Shopping in the family owned store is always a delight. The clerks are incredibly knowledgeable and friendly without being overbearing. No bargaining here. " Hope that helps! Peter Frank Editor in Chief, Concierge.com

You are posting a reply to Questin on shopping at "Name Brand" stores

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions