Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Accomodations you may wish to avoid in Punta Cana

By rgali

Posted on: November 05, 2008 at 9:21PM

Club Med claims to have totally renovated their rooms in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Here's the state of the hotel room which my family found upon our arrival, October 25th, 2008, during their grand re-opening: (1) The TV didn't work. (2) The telephone had no dial tone. (3) The two safes didn't work. (4) The shower head was broken. (5) Our key-cards didn't initially work upon arrival. (6) Even with "Air-Conditioning" set at it's maximum level, the room's temperature hovered at an uncomfortable 80 degrees. (7) There were flies everywhere, and the occasional 2-inch-long cricket and cockroach could be found scurrying across the floor of our room. Since we had no phone, we walked across the village to the main reception area to report all the problems. 3 hours went by with us waiting in the room as technicians came and went every 15 minutes or so (six different people in all). If you think that's bad, it gets far worse. It took Club Med Punta Cana 4 days (FOUR DAYS!) to get our phone to have a dial tone. In the end, Club Med Punta Cana failed to resolve any of the other five issues reported above. By the end of our 9-day vacation, we had reported these issues on 7 separate occasions, each time to an increasingly higher person on the food-chain - starting with front-desk personnel and culminating with a discussion on DAY 7 when we finally reached J.B., the Chief of the Village. Incredibly, there was little difference between speaking with the front-desk personnel vs. ANY of the various layers of management; all of them failed miserably to take ownership of the problems and to seek any sort of resolution for my family. I fail to see why they have any management at all, because it certainly didn't make any difference whatsoever. I could write a dissertation on the mismanagement of Club Med Punta Cana (as this is only the story of what was wrong with the accommodations). In the end, our family made the best of a horrible situation, but I strongly advise staying elsewhere to enjoy all that Punta Cana has to offer. report a problem

Posted on: August 24, 2009 at 2:23PM

I stayed at that same resort years ago and had no problems. The weather was fabulous and while the rooms were simple, I had no insects, phone or shower issues. We had a fabulous time and the constant breeze made it the most pleasant tropical vacation!

You are posting a reply to Accomodations you may wish to avoid in Punta Cana

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions