Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: April 19, 2009 at 4:40PM

We just returned from a Patagonia cruise on the NCL Sun that was wonderful from beginning to end. We arrived in Buenos Aires the day before starting the cruise and stayed at the Pestana Hotel in Buenos Aires http://pestanabuenosaireshotel.com/. We had an overnight flight arriving in Buenos Aires early in the morning. The hotel was very nice and allowed us to check in early. Their staff went the extra mile to make our short stay in BA comfortable and enjoyable. The Sun is an older ship, but we found we actually enjoyed being on a smaller ship and the staterooms and public areas were comfortable and pleasant. The only negative for us was the food the specialty restaurants were wonderful, but the food in the main dining rooms, buffet and from room service wasnt great. We had a great stateroom steward and stewardess, butler and concierge. At the end of the cruise we stayed three days in Santiago. We used Hector Medina, Very Personal & Private Tour Service, http://sites.google.com/site/privatetourguidechile and were thrilled with his services. He picked us up at the pier in Valparaiso and on the way to Santiago we went to the Puro Caballo Horse Show, which included lunch it was even more interesting and enjoyable than I expected and we had a delicious lunch. We also visited two wineries. The second day we went to the beautiful Maipo Valley. The third day we toured Santiago and were dropped at the airport for our trip home. . We did and saw so much in the short time we had available. I can unconditionally recommend Hector he offers preplanned tours, but is happy to change, add or delete anything, it is truly a personal tour service. In Santiago we stayed at the Atton El Bosque http://www.atton.cl/ and were very pleased the hotel was nice, the staff was excellent, and the location was great with a variety of restaurants just down the block. report a problem

Posted on: June 11, 2009 at 7:56AM

The weather in the extreme southern portion was in the 30's and 40's and you need to be prepared for wind and rain as well. The worst seas we experienced were on the way to and from the Falklands and the weather while we were in port there was very cold with strong winds. I had heard horror stories about the seas around the Cape and we were prepared for a couple of rough days, but didn't have any heavy seas at all, in fact it was actually smooth. When you are traveling up the west coast they have to go in and out of the fjords and it can be a bit rough when you go through the break water. It's a wonderful trip, the scenery is beautiful and it's so peaceful when you are cruising the fjords. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Posted on: May 29, 2009 at 11:29AM

We are considering this itinerary for a cruise in 2010. Last week of February, first week of March. Can you tell me how chilly the temeratures were at the southern tip? I ssume you had some rough water around Cape Horn. If so - how many days of rough seas?

You are posting a reply to Patagonia Cruise

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions