Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

A Place worth visiting

By Guest

Posted on: August 21, 2009 at 8:42PM

6 years ago, Dubrovnik was an unknown to the outside world, but today it is jammed backed with tourists from all around the globe. Since separating from Former Yugoslavia and creating its own country, Croatia has become one of the most visited counties in Eastern Europe, for good reason. The whole country, including inland cities like Zagreb, is beautiful and rich in culture and heritage. Dubrovnik is a historic city that has survived invasions from the Italians, Ottoman's and most recently itís former ally, Serbia. Shops, churches, restaurants and other tourist spots are located within the protective Fortress walls. However, the best views of the city are seen from above. If are up for a hike and an absolutely stunning view of the city and the Adriatic Sea, it's highly recommended to trek to the top the fortress walls and walk around it's whole perimeter--with photo stops, it should take between 1 to 2 hours to complete. report a problem

You are posting a reply to A Place worth visiting

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions