Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Unlimited Coffee in England

By Guest

Posted on: September 30, 2008 at 10:03PM

My husband is a complete caffeine addict. He usually requires about an entire pot of coffee every morning before he can function adequately. Unfortunately, England isn't really known for it's coffee, but we love to go there anyway. Coffee can be expensive in England, especially with the exchange rate. As you may know, it can also be difficult to find restaurants that will give you free refills in the UK. We spent quite a bit of money on coffee on our last trip, once even spending nearly $5 on a single cup and he grumbled that it wasn't even very good coffee. Finally though, we found a place that would give him all of the coffee he wanted. Sally Lunn's in Bath, England is famous for it's delicious and tasty buns. A glance at the menu will tell you that it can be a little pricey, however, they give free refills on their house coffee! We wound up going there more than a few times because of the good (and cheap) coffee. It was 1.78 for unlimited refills, and the waiter was very nice and didn't even blink when my husband asked for his sixth refill. Because of this we left the waiter a good tip, and he remembered us the next day when we came back and again gave us great service. If you're not a coffee drinker, they also have large pots of tea for very little money. It was a great thing to have on a cold fall morning. And don't forget to try one of their delicious buns at least once. It's well worth the price. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Unlimited Coffee in England

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions