Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: September 02, 2009 at 7:16PM

Don't expect to find the best pizza and red sauce in Florence. They are southern Italian & Sicilian fare. Do expect to find some great food, Northern Italian style with tasty sauces somewhat akin to French, but distinctively different. Think Michalangeo vs. Renoir. report a problem

Posted on: December 15, 2009 at 2:38PM

We went to Radda and had the best wild boar with the best sauce I have eve tasted. It was at a old hotel in the middle of town. I can just glory in the thought of that meal .

Posted on: October 14, 2009 at 12:27PM

I wouldn't call it akin to Northern Italian cuisine. All regions have pretty distinct cuisine and Tuscany is no exception with its rich and rustic food tradition of the likes of riboltta, bistecca fiorentina, and pappa al pomodoro. Florence has great restaurants and you can even find a few good pizzerias, run by Napolitani of course; Rosso Pomodoro in Piazza Mercato Centrale and Caffe Italiano/Sud behind Teatro Verdi

You are posting a reply to Florence Delights

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions