Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Eating out in Florence

By Ugnem

Posted on: May 08, 2011 at 11:21AM

Just returned from a week trip in Florence and Tuscany. Here are some thoughts about a couple of restaurants in Florence. For my mom's birthday we went out to Antico Fatore in Via Lambertesca. The place is quite upscale, tables are served by the owner, who is very attentive, good selection of Tuscan wines and imaginative menu. Outstanding tiramisu! Next night we went to Osteria dei Baroncelli, which is just around the conner from Antico Fatore. It's small, simple, good place if you want to save your money on dinning, but still eat delicious food. Third evening we decided to try Frescobaldi. Although it seemed to be a recommended restaurant with all Michelin stars and etc. we were very unpleasantly surprised. First, the host was very rude - made a face and rolled his eyes when he heard that we didn't make a reservation. He ordered us to wait outside for five minutes so he could go and see if he could get anything for us. After some good 20 minutes some other guy looking like the owner returned and offered a table which we had already refused to the host before. When we didn't agree and told him that we're not taking it and leaving he started screaming and calling us names. And that is a restaurant! Italian service at it's worst. The last place which also gave us not such good experience was Boccadama in piazza Santa Croce. The food is horrible, the service is almost none- starting from calling all white people Russian to inedible salad to forgeting to bring drinks, but charge for it. So...I think the best advice would be - don't go to piazzas or places overlooking the main attractions. Best restaurants are tucked in small streets and are swarming with locals. They know where the best not overpriced food is. Which makes asking them for a advice a very good idea. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Eating out in Florence

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions