Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Renter Beware! Lahaina Island Accommodations Fort Myers Beach FL.

By Guest

Posted on: August 02, 2013 at 5:15PM

Well it all started good. Excellant location and a view to die for. This was our second stay at Bliss Cottage managed by Lahaina Island Accommodations. 2 years ago it went without a hitch but apparently something had changed. We arrived on Saturday and the first thing we noticed was, in the trash can area, all 5-6 trashcans were full but whatever (maybe Monday was trash day)?? The next thing we noticed as odd (we have stayed in many condo rentals over the years) that there was no "Check-In list" (you know, the list to make sure everything that was to be there was there). Also in the paperwork was a note to "MAKE SURE THE TRASH WAS TAKEN OUT WEDNESDAY NIGHT". We asked about this 2 years ago and were informed to take the kitchen trash, etc., down to the trashcan area for pickup. OK not a problem BUT this year it apparently means TAKE ALL THE TRASH CANS TO THE STREET! NO NOT JUST YOUR TRASH BUT THE PEOPLE WHO LEFT ALL THE CANS FULL LAST WEEK! OH AND DON'T FORGET TO BRING THE CANS BACK UP THE NEXT DAY!!!! OK, I thought we were on VACATION and don't forget this place cost us $500+ per night. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Problem number 2 - don't forget to inspect EVERYTHING on the property! 3 WEEKS after returning home we are informed we were being charged $111 for a broken plastic chair. $55 for the chair and $55 for ADMINISTRATION FEES. We are still not sure what chair they are referring to but my guess is there were 2 lounge chairs out just feet from the beach in the back yard. There is a fence around the pool and house but the back yard is wide open. We, however, did not even use these chairs so how could we have known if one was broken or not??? We did leave a list of lightbulbs burnt out, squeeky washer dryer, drains that barely drain....My guess those things were left as is. To say the least, we will not be returning to this beautiful property. I called and left a message that was never returned. I emailed our position on the "Broken chair" and were only told EVERY property is inspected between each tenant EVERY time. Keep in mind from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm (check out, check in times) this is done. HOWEVER they told us they have too many rentals to take the trash down to the street once a week??????? Pathetic situation because the property is definitely "blissful" but it's the principle of the thing - to be accused of breaking something when we didn't and it could have been someone who didn't even rent the place leaves a bad taste in our mouth. We never received proof that the chair "we didn't break" was even purchased and replaced. So beware - if you stay in this property, you better do your own inventory and inspection before even setting up shop. But then again, there is no inventory/inspection list to check against so it's their call to make after you've checked out as to what may have been damaged or missing and you're at their mercy even if you didn't to it. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Renter Beware! Lahaina Island Accommodations Fort Myers Beach FL.

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions