Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Off the beaten path.

By Guest

Posted on: October 04, 2008 at 3:19PM

A few years ago my mother, sister, and I went on a dream trip to Germany. (My mother was born and raised there.) We traveled mainly to Southern Germany; Bavaria to be exact and drove along the autobahn. Most of the trip hotels were reserved ahead of time with just a few days to explore and stay where we wanted in between reservations. We happened along a little town called Offenburg and found a beautiful small hotel called Hotel Sonne. It turned out to be one of the best hotel stays we ever had. It was beautiful, quaint, on a beautiful cobblestone roadway. We found out it was one of the oldest hotels in Germany! Napoleon had stayed there! They had a lovely restaurant with delicious food and breakfast buffet was included the next morning. The hosts of the hotel and employees were all extremely friendly. All and all a very pleasant experience. So don't be afraid to explore away from your bigger towns etc. You never know what great little gem you'll find. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Off the beaten path.

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions