Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Beer gardens in Berlin.

By indigogirl1976

Posted on: November 07, 2008 at 9:16AM

You want a tip for a wonderful place to eat and drink in Berlin…..then do as the locals do and go to the Prater Garten http://www.pratergarten.de. When my husband and I first went to Germany we were a little green around the ears thinking that the city would be filled with wonderful plaza’s and beer gardens not realizing that this was more of a Southern phenomenon. So I went on the internet and did a little sleuthing and after reading many blogs and tourists tips I found the Prater Garten. Its about the closest to a beer garden that you are going to find in Berlin and to make it even better they have an excellent selection of beers and traditional food for next to nothing. It’s pretty much tourist free, the staff are wonderful, the warm hot pretzels will taste better than anything you find in America and you’ll feel like you are experiencing the ‘real’ Berlin. It’s a pleasant relaxing space which includes an outdoor theater and some wonderful old trees that were dropping conkers on our table as we sipped our drinks. Explore the neighborhood too. There are some great stores nearby. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Beer gardens in Berlin.

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions