Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

New Wine Charity Shop - Govan

By Guest

Posted on: May 27, 2013 at 5:16PM

I heard about this shop off a friend, i'm a lover of charity shops and try to visit the less well known ones as they tend to be better priced than the business type well known shops. I had a lovely experience at New Wine and spent far more than intended but I'm not complaining :-) They have about 5 racks of clothes in the front shop, including two items for 1 (NICE!) I got myself a cute wee Jane Norman dress on the two for 1 rail, in great condition the only problem was one tiny black speck of pen on the inside which came off once washed, they had lovely shoes at 1 a pair, loads of costume jewellery (more you buy cheaper per item) and even some vintage items. They have a full price rail which has a mix of new, good quality high street clothing chain clothes and designer gear, there was a brand new Monsoon dress for 10 which was originally priced at 75 when bought from Monsoon - Just a shame I'm too small for it or I would have snapped it up! The only critisism is that they had some kids toys that were over priced for what they are. If books are your thng they have tonnes and you get 4 paperback for 1 and DVD's at 2 for 1.50. The staff are very friendly and don't be shocked if you find a wee doggy in the window, the manager (?) takes her wee dogs in with her (very small and friendly wee things) I chatted to the staff about what the charity does and where the money goes and they support an orphanage in India amongst other things such as outreach work in the local community. There was a great atmosphere in the place too with staff having a laugh and joking with each other. A I chatted to one lady it turns out that none of the staff are actually paid to work there including the manager lady. I believe they have other shops in Paisley Road West and Pollokshaws near Shawlands arcade. I will definitely be going back and plan to visit the other shops too when I have time.i f you like a wee bargain then I suggest you give this wee shop a visit. Situated on Craigton Road (5 min walk from the Govan ASDA) they open mon to friday but they are possibly gong to open on a Saturday soon too (which is best for me) report a problem

You are posting a reply to New Wine Charity Shop - Govan

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions