Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

My summer holiday to Port Douglas

By janineonhols

Posted on: February 11, 2011 at 11:21PM

After a shaky start to the holidays I arrived in Port Douglas via Exemplar Coaches, a great ride from Cairns airport which took one hour via the coast road. Driver was pleasant and a nice comfortable ride. Checked in Dougies Backpackers a great little oasis in Port Douglas about a 10 minute walk into town. Clean room and kitchen.Internet, free BBQ and a really clean pool, unlike the last hostel I stayed at.Staff really laid back and mix well. Tip: Try and get their free transfers from the airport, a saving of $33 Went on Poseidon for a day to the great barrier reef.just amazing.They took us to some really clean and healthy coral sites where i snorkelled until my skin was all wrinkled from being too long in the water. Next day I lazed by the pool and walked into town and got some supplies.the local Coles supermarket has everything a person would need.A one stop shop. Got talking to the lady at the kiosk outside coles she was a booking agent. Nice lady but talks, talks and talks. Anyway decided I wanted to see the rainforest and after being recommended Tonys Tropical Tours by friends, I booked this one with her. Tony's Tropical Tours picked me up at 7.50 am and we headed to the rainforest of the Daintree.Wow Wee is all I can say. Amazingly beautiful, I have seen other rainforests but this one is very impressive. I guess having a guide to fill you in on everything was a huge advantage. We went to a place called Noahs which is very private and we had a huge bbq with all the trimmings and swam in a cold stream which was extremely enjoyable and cooled us off.It was such a hot day. Got back about 5pm and jumped in the pool again before heading into town to Rattle and Hum. Great pizzas and cheap happy hour drinks.Recommend it. Rest of my stay in Port Douglas I walked everywhere and explored.The lookout is magnificent, quite a hike to get there but well worth it. The beach has nets so that you can swim in it all year round and I found a small cafe near the beach which was very reasonable and made great coffee. Had a great time in Port Douglas and would return. report a problem

You are posting a reply to My summer holiday to Port Douglas

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions