Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Looking for something different to do?

By Guest

Posted on: August 25, 2009 at 5:50PM

We go to Sarasota quite frequently to visit my parents. On our last trip my sister suggested we do a kayak tour of the mangroves. Hands down one of THE BEST things I've ever done in Florida. The sea life we saw was amazing. Dolphins swam near our boats! Cormorants swam in and under and all around us. We examined all sorts of mollusks and birds and Floridian creatures (the manatees had migrated because the water was too cold). There are a lot of tour operators out there. We used a set of guides who are very eco-friendly. Chris and Kris of Biotica Tours gave us an amazing trip and I'd highly recommend them to anyone. http://www.bioticatours.com I'm sure some of the others are just as good (be warned, we saw some tour operators doing things against locally established guidelines for the preservation of the mangroves), but whoever you choose you'll have an amazing visit if you kayak the mangroves. It's a fun alternative if you've had enough beach and pool (and I know that it takes a lot to get tired of that!). My seven year old son kept asking "Is it over yet? Is it over yet? Because I don't EVER want this kayak ride to be finished!" Right there. Money well-spent. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Looking for something different to do?

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions