Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: October 01, 2008 at 1:12AM

Hawaii is expensive! Most people, especially families, know it's best to get a condo or hotel with a kitchen. If you do, and are staying on Maui, stop at Costco as you leave the airport in Kahalui. It's at the 1st major intersection. You can not only get the usual staples but stuff you can only get in Hawaii - Maui Gold pineapples, boxes of papaya, Kona coffee... and you can grab those trip presents too - multipacks of chocolate covered macadamias, Hawaian shirts or coffee gift packs. You can also pick up cheap snorkle sets or boogie boards and save on the daily or weekly rentals. report a problem

Posted on: October 01, 2008 at 7:18PM

Great tip. I was recently on Maui and my luggage was lost. I was able to buy some cuter than average Roxy and Da Hui clothing items at CostCo, along with Marcona almonds and water to keep in my car for the whole trip. The other place I recommend for bargains on souvenirs is the Maui Swap Meet on Saturdays in Kahalui.

You are posting a reply to Saving money

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions