Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Where to Find Discounts

By shelinae

Posted on: November 23, 2008 at 10:28AM

If you’re a traveler like me, you want to know where to find discounts! The Israel Ministry of Tourism offers online coupons to visitors at http://www.goisrael.com/Tourism_Eng/Tourist+Information/Best+Deals.htm . Once in the Land, in hotel lobbies you can find magazines, brochures, and cards containing discounts and special offers for a variety of restaurants, attractions, and services. Most museums and attractions have “free days” throughout the year---especially during the holidays---so checking out their website in advance and planning accordingly can save you money. If you are a student, be sure to have your student ID card on hand, as you are entitled to significant savings in many places, as well. Concerning lodging, many times you can negotiate a better room rate by speaking directly to the manager, especially if you are staying several nights. Car rentals are already inexpensive, but if you make an agency aware that you are price-shopping, you might get an even better rate. For a cheap, yet ever-authentic meal, try a falafel, schwerma, or sabich. These sandwiches are bursting with flavor and are always in demand. Guests in Jerusalem are so spoiled for choice when it comes to dining options! Most trendy restaurants---and there are a lot of them---offer a 3-5-course business lunch special for significantly less than the dinner price. But what’s more, many restaurants offer the lunch price until 4 or 5pm! My previous post on Dining Discounts will tell you how to obtain restaurant coupons. Most visitors to Israel want to see at least a few of her 65 National Parks and Reserves. The famous sites of Masada, Beit She’an, Caesarea, and the Coral Beach Nature Reserve (a snorkeler’s paradise) are just a few of them. In addition to a numerous historical and archaeological sites, the reserves boast beautiful waterfalls, trails, and swimming areas. Rather than paying full admission each time you visit a park, The National Parks Authority has various passes that add up to quite a savings for the multiple-Parks traveler. The offers range from a 6-site pass, to the all-inclusive 2-week (Green Card) or annual passes (called Matmon). Some of the passes can be bought for an individual, couple, or family, increasing the overall savings. You do not need to purchase them in advance, as passes can be bought upon your first visit at a park. Just keep handy your receipt and as always, your ID. As offers change with time, the best way to get information is by calling +972-2-500-6261 (from abroad) or *3639 once in the land. The Authority also hosts an excellent website, http://parks.org.il/ParksENG/, but be aware that the English site is not always as up-to-date as the Hebrew one. During my time in the Land, I have always been able to do so much more because of these discounts, and I hope that you will, as well! report a problem

You are posting a reply to Where to Find Discounts

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions