Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: August 19, 2009 at 10:14PM

Rome is the most expensive city we have ever visited. About $80U$ for three loads of laundry, washed, dried and folded at a laundromat a block opr so from the main railway station. $40U$ for a small ice cream and 3 cups of "america coffee" at an eatery near the front entrance of The Vatican. Thanks but we'll take Paris. The people are friendly and so are the prices. report a problem

Posted on: April 22, 2013 at 8:51PM

There's lots to do but the poster is right. You need to bring enough money to do things and move around comfortably. As far as things to do, you'll have plenty of options. Check out Travel Explosion to get other traveler's opinions and ideas of what to do when there. http://travelexplosion.com/spain/

Posted on: October 08, 2011 at 8:29AM

I'm from Europe, so all my trips to Paris, Rome, Brussels, London and etc. are the ones that I call 'cheap'. We have low cost airlines, which means a round trip ticket to Rome is around 80$, there is always some friends living, so I stay at their places. The cities are not so big and I love walking, so no need for public transportation. Museums - always read and think which ones you really want to see and if you have enough time, which hardly ever makes any combined tickets worth buying. And - reserve everything you can - this will save you lots of holiday time. Food - nobody makes a better traditional dinner than the locals and it's always fun to mingle. But hey...trips across Atlantic are expensive in the same way as Europe is for you guys. So it's another way around :)

Posted on: November 17, 2010 at 1:38PM

Yes Rome is pricey but at least the food is good. I just returned from Dublin, you talk about expensive. Bad coffee $4.00, Bowl of Irish Stew $25.00 and not at someplace special. I Rent an apartment for two months in Rome and it is my favorite city in the world. The people are warm and mostly happy. The scale is not overwhelming. and it has a wonderful public transit system. Take one of the mini bus through the historic center sometime. I think that druidroad was took, the lesson here is ask the price, quanto and shop around.

Posted on: August 20, 2009 at 8:05PM

Sounds amazing!

Posted on: August 20, 2009 at 7:54PM

I actually thought Paris was more expensive and very much LESS friendly than Rome....how interesting! We did our own laundry at one of the local "internet cafe/laundry mats". We had 3 loads and it only cost us 8 euro (which is approx. 12.00 USD for the washing and 2 euro (3 USD) for drying. Maybe it just depends on where you go...b/c we stayed near Termini (the main railstation) and the room only cost us 40 per night for the 3 of us and a continental breakfast was included. The people of Rome were some of THE most friendly people of all the countries I've visited--but I CAN say that the other two people I went with--they acted like what i would call "Typical tourists" and expected the Romans to conform to THEM rather than immersing themselves in the local customs/culture as I did. Even my 2 companions remarked how differently the Romans treated me than them--but I actually tried to learn the language/pronunciation, took time to ask questions about all the pictures of family on the walls of places we went, stopped to speak to people sitting on park benches, etc...... In MY mind, Rome was THE place to go and I actually have another trip planned late this year.

You are posting a reply to Bring Money

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions