Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Amalfi Coast recommendations

By shiningshirley2

Posted on: August 21, 2009 at 3:48PM

The Amalfi coast is my new favorite place in the world! Having spent 10 days in Positano in October of 2008, I'm sold. If you hate crowds but love fine restaurants, great hotels, the best scenery on the coast and the ability to get to any other Amalfi coastal village, stay in Positano. Research your trip well before going - read what others have to say about do's and don'ts. It pays! I'm not rich, but forget about trying to penny pinch on this trip and do the things you want to do. I had to sell my car to go to thisbeautiful village I've always wanted to see, and I'm so glad I did. Travel by train, ferry, bus (but no cars other than limos) to experience it all. Plan your flight with as little stops as possible, and take a limo from your arrival airport to your first destination instead of dealing with luggage, trains, buses etc. Save yourself the aggrevation. Take lots of photos and keep records so you'll remember where they were taken, or buy postcards as a reminder of places you visited. I also made a 2 day trip to Rome. My itineray included Naples, Sorrento, Isle of Capri, (and the Blue Grotto) Atrani, Amalfi, Ravello and the two villas there, the Greek ruins in Paestum and more. Wish I could have visited all the other beautiful places like Florence, Venice, Tuscany, Lake Como, Portofino etc, but one does what one can afford. Next time!!! Don't postpone Joy!!!! Do it now. report a problem

Posted on: January 23, 2012 at 9:05AM

There is something mystical about the Amalfi Coast, it takes a few hours, maybe even a few minutes to get sucked into the Amalfi Coast's pace of life. It might be all the steps, or the slow buses, or the incredible colours of the sunset, whatever it is time changes, suddenly there is much more of it. And there are so many things to do and places to see that just one week never seems enough, that's why it's so great coming back again and again in this beautiful land to discover everytime new beaches, new panoramas and new receipes of course. Also there are so many accommodation solutions that really make the Amalfi Coast the ideal destination for all sorts of people. It's great to cvome here with the family, with so many children friendly gorgeous beaches, as well as a romantic retreats: beautiful hotels and villas as well as hidden bays where to dive into crystal clear waters. Beside summer time Amalfi Coast is great to visit also during the rest of the year with so many hikes on the Monti Lattari, ancient churches to visit and so many traditional celebrations to attend! For a comprehensive guide on the Amalfi Coast I suggest www.amalfi-coast.com, it has some beautiful photos and articles on each town, with details on local events and lots of tips on where to stay and where to eat.

Posted on: November 18, 2011 at 8:39AM

I absolutely agree. The Amalfi coast is a great place to visit. Amalfi, Positano, and Ravello are the top towns. And if you have time to stop in Sorrento too, you'll be able to go on a one day trip to Capri. That will allow you to see this wonderful little island without spending much money. It is advisable to always travel by ferry in the area (if possible), or bus, but the road is windy and there's a lot of traffic in the summer. Bus and ferries timetables can be found at http://www.theamalficoastline.com or here (bus only): http://www.sitabus.it/wps/portal (only in Italian).

Posted on: June 16, 2011 at 8:58PM

from this site: ( http://www.bingstore.us ) This is an online store operated for many years.have lots of new and old customers from United States and Europe now. you can find many of cheap price,high quality,fashion brand products here . All the products are sold to ex-factory price,Has a strong competitive advantage in the same industry. we accept paypal payment and all the products and free shipping . in order to requite customer ,if you order more .we will give gift be free. 1)if you purchase of more then two pairs of shoes or more than $100 once ,you can have a pair of socks worth $5 be free. 2)if you purchase of more than $200 once,you can have a pair of sunglasses or a cap be free. more info of the products .please vist this site: ------------- http://www.bingstore.us A good opportunity ,YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

Posted on: March 18, 2011 at 10:29AM

Wonderful. Share a website with you , (======= http://mcaf.ee/6e4ac =======) Believe you will love it. accept paypal free shipping

You are posting a reply to Amalfi Coast recommendations

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions