Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Great Jamaican Travel Tips

By Griswald

Posted on: November 05, 2008 at 6:16PM

We took our five children to Negril, Jamaica in December of 2007. They have the most amazing chicken and vegetable patties that you can by right on the beach for only .50! We also purchased freshly cooked lobster with a lime for only $6.00 each. If you travel to Jamaica, you must try the festival and coco bread with freshly squeezed orange juice, for sale from the vendors right on the beach. We rarely needed to go to restaurants, and the food was wonderful and inexpensive. Also, before you leave for your Jamaican trip, be sure to tuck some small gifts away to give to the Jamaican children. Jamaicans only make around $1.10 per hour, and there aren't many toys for children available. We brought along bags of bubble gum, jerky, rubber bouncy balls and miscellaneous plastic bugs and frogs that we bought at our local Dollar Store to give away to the children - they were so grateful! Just seeing the smiles on their faces made me wish I would have brought a whole suitcase full! We Americans have so much, and have it so "good" here. Wherever you shop in Jamaica, be sure to barter. We were able to get key chains and bracelets at the shopping center in Negril for only $1 each....and t-shirts for $3 each. One last tip: If you buy alcohol at the duty-free shops at the airport, you must put it in your luggage before arriving in the United States or it will be confiscated. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Great Jamaican Travel Tips

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions