Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Local Life and Tourist Must Do's!

By ladyhollyorion

Posted on: August 20, 2009 at 8:42AM

The Renaissance Jamaica Grande Resort near Ocho Rios (its in St. Ann) was a great all inclusive hotel, had beautiful views of the bay, provided excellent service and had very knowledgable conceirge staff. Make sure your package includes transportation from the airport, however, due to it being a good 2 1/2 hour drive down the coast to Ocho Rios from Montego Bay. That would be expensive cab fair! Local window shopping in Ocho Rios is entertaining but I enjoy the local culture the most. On the way to the shopping center, try one of the meat pasties or jerked beef sold from the street vendors and rinse it down with a bottle of coke from the beverage buses. If you want great local night life, there is a roof top club next to the Renaissance hotel where the locals dance. If you aren't into the local culture, the hotel holds entertainment most nights from carnival performances and beach bonfire nights to indoor dance clubs. My understanding is that the hotel has become a bit more family friendly now as well so you can enjoy the entertainment and relax while your kids have fun in the club and playground. I also recommend taking a few outside excursions on the Red Stripe Sailboat in the bay, horseback riding on the beach, a drive into Fern Gully Rainforest, or climbing Dunn River Falls (just bring your water shoes!). It's amazing to watch the guides at the falls carry 20 cameras at once up the falls and never get any of them wet! report a problem

You are posting a reply to Local Life and Tourist Must Do's!

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions