Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Best Helicopter trip on Kauai

By Guest

Posted on: October 09, 2008 at 4:29PM

The best Helo trip I experienced was thru Inter-Island Helicopters located at Port Allen by Hanapepe. They had the side doors removed to put the "pucker factor" into the trip; it brought back memories of Viet Nam only noone is shooting at you, but the thwaaping of the rotor just outside the cockpit made it real but the unobstructed view was excellent and we flew through the mountains on our way to the Napalii coast and an intimate lunch at a secret waterfall. Great photo-Op. And for lunc my wife and I went to Lihue' to a little place called Himura's Saimin, great noodles and they served tareyaki chicken and beef on a skewer for 1.00 dallor each. The best intimate Luau was at the coconut coast Mall by Kapaa'; tasty buffet and very entertaining show. The secret is to avoid the Tourist traps and of course looking touristy although if your'e pasty white then its too late. Look for the off the beaten path places and try some local grindage ie: Lomi lomi, Ahi poke or shave ice with a scoop of Lapperts rich ice cream or even japanese azuka beans. This Island is really rural and lush with forests, waterfalls and the bluest ocean I've ever seen. Smell what Kauai is cookin'. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Best Helicopter trip on Kauai

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions