Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

True Hawai'i on Oahu

By IAmTheMovie305

Posted on: November 09, 2008 at 11:00PM

If you're on Oahu you're probably staying in trendy and cosmopolitan Waikiki. Alas, despite the upscale boutiques, exciting boardwalk, and killer sunsets, with its looming highrises and hordes of people, Waikiki may not seem like the Hawai'i you were expecting. Take heart, for to find that tropical paradise you probably envisioned during your lengthy and expensive flight you only need to travel about an hour up Kamehameha to the historic North Shore. In particular, to find a true piece of Hawaiian tranquility I recommend hiking along the miles of trails meandering along the coast near the Turtle Bay Resort. The cedar red trails amble through dense forests of firs and banyan trees, all the while hugging the ocean, and ultimately leading to a idyllic sanctuary that is Kawela Bay. More often than not, the ocean is calm, the sand is fine, and the beach will be completely empty. Pack a lunch and enjoy a romantic picnic on the beach. If you're lucky, a few sea turtles may even be frolicking in the water. I suggest walking to truly experience and appreciate the natural beauty of Hawai'i, but for about $50, one can take a guided tour on horseback rented back at the stables adjacent to Turtle Bay Resort. Trust me, this is an experience you won't soon forget. report a problem

You are posting a reply to True Hawai'i on Oahu

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions