Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: October 02, 2008 at 5:00AM

I've been doing research on a trip to Kenya next year and have read that Nairobi is the best place to start/end your safari trips. However, it is not advisable to go out after dark in many, many areas, there. I plan on staying at one of the better hotels in Nairobi and book a one or two week safari, so I will only need to stay in a hotel for a few nights. I would like to hear from anyone who has been there recently, as I know there has been some political unrest lately. Also, I keep reading about violent attacks and theft. Is this all blown out of proportion, or is it really true? report a problem

Posted on: October 09, 2008 at 5:41AM

If you intend going out at night without a local to transport and accompany you, I would certainly think twice about it. Going out alone is not advisable, although I must say that I have never had any problems at all. The Intercontinental and Stanley Hotels are in the centre and are considered to be the best options for high end accommodation. If you donít mind the drive, the Panari Hotel close to the airport is also good. The political troubles seem to have eased, and there is no noticeable tension. Finally make the most of your trip and stop in Tanzania for Safari and Uganda for the Gorillas.

You are posting a reply to Kenya after dark.

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions