Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

club floors are the best!

By gleebeck

Posted on: November 16, 2008 at 12:51PM

In my last four posts I spoke about recent trips to Buenos Aires, India, Australia, and "forbidden Caribbean-in each destination I availed myself of upgrades to the "club floor," as I will be doing in two weeks time at the Las Vegas Hilton. At the Hilton, because my relationship with that hotel has lost its preferred status, an additional fee is required. At the other destinations, Sheraton in particular, only a gold level status is required to obtain complementary upgrade to club floor(thank you, Starwood!). In either situation the effort to be on the club floor is well worth it. You will have the services of a personal concierge, for example, and as mentioned in my Buenos Aires post, immediately after arrival staff had located the South American Explorers Club and arranged for transport for a walking tour that was to commence within a half hour of my arrival. They were invaluable in obtaining medical assistance for me as well. In a 3000 room property with a busy front desk and downstairs concierge, usually quite busy, having a personal concierge at your beckon call is a wonderful enhancement. As well, the complimentary beverages and snacks throughout the day are a real plus-although I travel usually by myself I have found that the value of, usually, a full breakfast, snacks and sandwiches in the afternoon, and complimentary beverages including wine and beer in the evening hours to be in excess of $75. Even if additional fee is required, as it will be for me at the Las Vegas Hilton, it is a value-laden arrangement. Add to this the other enhancements such as deluxe sitting areas and meeting rooms, upgraded room accommodations on the club floor and even for a moderate budget traveler like myself it is a most welcome hotel accommodation. Yes, indeed, I look forward to the 23 floor Club Level for the third time in a year(with fantastic views as well)at the Las Vegas Hilton and the personal attention of Lex and staff. Please consider this option on your next outing! report a problem

You are posting a reply to club floors are the best!

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions