Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Attention: Frequent Travel To London

By Guest

Posted on: September 30, 2008 at 8:13PM

FYI: For all you who love London as much as I do and frequent it often....On your next visit to London, purchase an Oyster card for use on the tube. The great thing is, you can recharge them over the internet and save you from long, lengthy lines on your arrival. Simply charge before you go, putting in the day of your arrival and the nearest tube stop to your hotel. Once you pass through the gate with your card, it becomes activated.... report a problem

Posted on: October 07, 2008 at 2:54PM

Carry any medicines in your carry on bag so they can't get lost with the luggage. Don't keep valuables in your luggage either to get pawned over by airport personnel. Use approved safety locks on luggage. Keep plastic bottles over 3 oz. OUT of your carry-ons and in your suitcases or they will be confiscated. This applies to any country now, thanks to terrorists. We have to be vigilant.

Posted on: September 30, 2008 at 10:09PM

I agree with thetaphi09! We did the math and an oyster card was cheaper than three day passes. So even if you only go once for three days, you save money by getting it. And you can keep them, so I'm going to use them again when I go again next year.

Posted on: September 30, 2008 at 8:53PM

Even if you don't go to London often, its still a great deal. Even if you only ride the Tube once or twice a day over the course of a few days it ends up being cheaper.

You are posting a reply to Attention: Frequent Travel To London

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions