Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By tararism

Posted on: November 20, 2008 at 12:05PM

New Orleans is a breath of fresh air. Do not be thwarted by the stories of Katrina's aftermath and the appearance around the Louis Armstrong Airport. Enjoy the short drive from there to downtown New Orleans and be mindful of the cemetaries that flank the highway. Each crypt peeking over the edge of I-10. Old world and lovely locals. You have to just take in the charm of New Orleans. Staying in the city is easy, although you have to valet, as parking is insane. I prefer the W Hotels, I have stayed at both. If you are there for a long haul or business, stay at the one on Poydras. They are much more accommodating and it feels like an oasis in a city. If you are there for a short stay, or there to party, stay at the W on Chartres. It is in the French Quarter a block from Bourbon and block from the House of Blues. Check out a band and grab a few drinks. Walk the broken street and take in the music. Sit in an outdoor cafe, eat some oysters, or if your like me, and are allergic to shellfish, no problems, eat some Brie. Go to Lawreys for all kinds of great cuisine, or pop in to Cafe duMonde for some coffee and good book. Whatever your interest, whether it is in the occult or the DJ Museum, feel free. No one judges you in NOLA! report a problem

You are posting a reply to NOLA

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions