Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Romantic Birthday in Big Easy

By gleebeck

Posted on: November 23, 2008 at 1:54PM

Previously I discussed a solo birthday in Buenos Aires-once upon a time I traveled with my fiance who would join me from her home in Monterrey, Mexico and one such occasion was her birthday. I selected two nights at the Ritz Carlton and to provide a different travel experience another two nights at Le Richelieu, just off the quarter. Of the two we preferred Le Richelieu for its quiet location, attentive staff, and most of all, being ensconced in the "Paul McCartney Suite." Yes, it is true-in the mid 1970s Paul and Linda(bless her)and children spent several weeks at this property while in town for a recording session. Hence, the suite's name. It is not a particularly lavish suite, nor a large one. It is most special for the walk-out deck allowing sitting and viewing pleasures of street life one story down. Yes, there is little that is more romantic than a rainy July afternoon in the Big Easy, bottle of Chandon at the ready, the sound of the raindrops luring the two of you into a sensual slumber. I am sure it is well-remembered by both of us(alas, there is no more of these Mexican meetings). report a problem

Posted on: December 11, 2008 at 2:41PM

I have forgotten to mention that at the time of our stay both the maid and bellman, distinguished older and long-time residents of the Quarter, were attending the McCartneys. They waxed nostalgic about the children underfoot and in answer to my always relentless questions about celebrity guests replied differently about Paul & Linda's tipping: the Bellman suggested they were quite frugal, the maid recalled a certain generosity. Goes to show you the truth of the old maxim: gratuities should always be graciously received(I just made that up...).

You are posting a reply to Romantic Birthday in Big Easy

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions