Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: February 02, 2009 at 7:51AM

With 2 young kids, I always thought that hotels were the easiest way to go on holiday as we could all stay in one family room and there are usually facilities in the hotels I choose to entertain the kids. I always thought that going self-catering wouldn't be much of a holiday as I'd still have to be going to the supermarket and clearing up! That was until recently when I went to Madrid. My husband and kids rented a self-catering apartment for the week. Whilst I did have to do a small amount of shopping of course, it was actually fantastic. The kids had way more space to move about it and we all felt a lot more relaxed. We still ate in restaurants a lot, but it was so nice to have the choice. We could give the kids an early supper and put them to bed easily. Then we didn't have to tip toe around all evening as we could just go into the sitting room. With the money saved on eating out every meal, the cost worked out as pretty reasonable and about the same as a standard hotel. The apartment was luxurious so I really felt like we got a better deal. So for anyone with young kids, I recommend self-catering. The apartment we stayed in is this one: http://www.friendlyrentals.com/en/apartments/madrid/apartment-2899-33.htm report a problem

You are posting a reply to Place to stay

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions