Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

the best riad to marrakech

By olive

Posted on: November 19, 2010 at 11:54AM

I stayed at Dar NAJAT last week with my two sisters and all three of us loved it. Simple, but stylish with superb service and amazing breakfasts (delicious fresh fruit salads, pancakes ,ect). It is also very handy for the souks and, once you've found your bearings, offers easy access to the main square and other key attractions. We were celebrating the 30th birthday of my middle sister and the owner, Olivier, very kindly placed some beautiful white roses in the room . This seemed to be typical of his thoughtful and helpful nature, which also included useful tips and advice over arrival mint tea and accompanying us to the main square the first time. We stayed three days but wished we had five so that we could have spent more time enjoying the riad's pretty roof terrace and jaccuzi, as well as sampling the pre-bookable lunches or dinners, which we were told by other guests were better than most restaurants. Sadly, with just 3 days, we felt we should be out and about as much as possible. We were not very cultured tourists this time as we had a shopping list of fabulous Moroccan accessories we had to get for a cottage we are buying, so we found the 'Shopping in Marrakesh' by Susan Simon book great. We indulged one day and tried the spa at the Hotel Jardins de la Koutoubia, which was beautiful and well-priced for Hamman (approx. 15), although there are cheaper but less glamorous options, without the gorgeous relaxation pool they have. We dined out several times and Olivier's recommendations were great we also enjoyed a great Lebanese meal at Azar in the new part of the city. As well as good food and service, it has a very stylish contemporary design and a cool bar which made an intresting contrast to the old part of the town and souks where we spent most of our time. . I would definitely stay at Dar najat again and will be recommending it to friends. report a problem

You are posting a reply to the best riad to marrakech

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions