Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Berkshire Concepts SEXY vacation spots

By Guest

Posted on: July 04, 2012 at 2:34PM

Beaches around the world are a frequent topic of discussion for travelers planning their vacation. From exotic beaches off Pacific or Caribbean islands, to beaches in the Great Lakes, millions of miles of beaches can be found around the globe. Finding the right beach for your vacation is part of planning the perfect trip. Choosing the beach that will meet your needs based on the activities you enjoy or offering you the opportunities to avoid or join the crowds is just part of the planning and needs to be done before you go. United States Beaches It is said the the United States has over 12,000 miles of coastline along the ocean and that does not even include the thousands of miles of inland coastline found in the country as well. Offering this vast amount of area, it is easy to see why choosing the right beach can seem overwhelming. In celebration of these amazing coastlines however, here are just some of the most well known, most beautiful or most popular beaches in the U.S. today. Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore – Quite cold most of the year, this may not be the best place for swimming in June however, you will be hard pressed to find a more beautiful and pristine beach. In addition the sugar white sand beaches which extend for miles offer a fun way to explore the unique beauty that is the state of Michigan. Cape Hatteras – Again, not necessarily the warmest beach, Cape Hatteras is located on the coast of North Carolina and is known as the Graveyard of the Atlantic. Your opportunities to explore the history of the area is rich in addition to offering great opportunities to windsurf, kayak and simply enjoy the view. Perdido Key – Easy to see what makes this beach so spectacular, or perhaps easy to feel, Perdido Key is located on the Gulf of Mexico’s Florida/Alabama border and is warm, sunny and perfect for relaxing year round. White sand, great wildlife,and beautiful swimming make this a top pick for any beach goer. Polihale Beach – Easy to forget that Hawaii is part of the United States, this beach is just one of a hundred you could choose from on the Hawaiian Islands. Polihale Beach is known for its beauty. Located on the island of Kauai, this is one beach that is more well known than almost all others for the view. You have to see it to really believe it. What is your favorite beach? Travel With Berkshire Concepts, your partner in travel and vacations worldwide. Whether you enjoy traveling in the U.S. or anywhere else in the world, let Berkshire Concepts travel with you. Explore the world around you and let Berkshire Concepts travel help. report a problem

Posted on: December 11, 2012 at 6:06PM

Cirque Romanès, Paris, France This is a unique, magical experience, a red-tented Roma circus in the French capital, surrounded by suburban housing blocks. The whole event has a ramshackle, mesmerising passion, with a lost-in-time atmosphere. There are no spangles and sequins here, but circus skills that have been honed outside in the wasteland around the caravans, from fire-eating to tightrope walking, acrobats and jugglers. The women swish and dance in their long skirts, and the soundtrack is frenetic Balkan folk from the live band. For more information and tickets see www.cirqueromanes.com. Fairmont Peace Hotel Band, Shanghai, China A Shanghai landmark, the tall, graceful Peace Hotel, overlooking the Bund, is one of the most powerfully resonant relics of old Shanghai. Its time-capsule nature is all the more pronounced as it faces the futurist landscape of Pudong on the opposite riverbank. Renovations have given the hotel’s snazzy Art Deco interiors a facelift, but one thing remains eternal: the Jazz Bar in the basement. There’s an old-school elegance here, and you’ll feel transported back to the 1920s and ‘30s listening to the Old Jazz Band’s six veteran musicians (their average age is 77). To book or find out more, visit www.fairmont.com/PeaceHotel; the band play nightly from 7pm. Royal Opera House Tea Dance, London, England Harking back to the days when the Royal Opera House was the place in London to dance the cha-cha, waltz and quick step, there are now regular tea dances throughout the season in the stately Paul Hamlyn Hall. Huge windows overlook the Covent Garden piazza, palms in pots grace the hall, nimble feet of all ages do the steps, and it’s all to the accompaniment of the Royal Opera House Dance Band. Sundays here will transport you back to a seemingly gentler time, when dancing meant gliding around a room rather than throwing shapes. For dates and to buy tickets see the Royal Opera House website at www.roh.org.uk. Whirling Dervishes Whirling Dervishes by Vladimer Shioshvili. Creative Commons ShareAlike Licence Whirling Dervishes, Istanbul, Turkey At the Silivrikapı Mevlana Cultural Center you can see the ancient spiritual Sema Ceremony, where whirling dervishes spin in order to encourage communication with god and intoxicate the soul, as has been the tradition for hundreds of years. Of course, this is not an entertainment, but an important religious ceremony, but it’s a beautiful event to experience purely aesthetically as well as spiritually. The dervishes spin with complete control, their long robes circling outwards, forming a pattern like stylised blooms. For information on the regular evening Sema ceremonies, see www.emav.org. El Misteri d’Elx, Spain The Mystery of Elche is one of the world’s great mystery plays, depicting the Virgin Mary’s death and ascendance into heaven, and is performed every year in the picturesque town of Elche, close to Alicante. The mystical rendering of the story has been performed in this way, in Elche’s Basilica of Santa Maria and the evocative Moorish streets of its palm-shaded old town since the 15th century. To watch is to be suspended in time: it’s medieval to its core, with its epic pomp, flowing robes and solemn, emotive processions. The event is on Unesco’s List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity, and was designated a ‘national monument’ in 1931. For more information see the Elche Tourist Board website at www.visitelche.com; takes place over two days in mid-August annually. Greek amphitheatre Greek amphitheatre by Athena Lao. Creative Commons Attribution Licence Greek Tragedy, Amphitheatre, Epidaurus, Greece To experience theatre as people did in Ancient Greece, head to the amphitheatre of Epidaurus, one of the world’s great buildings, a fan-shaped, open-air auditorium set into a hillside. The amphitheatre is famed for its incredible acoustics – even if an actor speaks quietly, they will be heard from every seat. The theatre is situated within the archaeological site of the Sanctuary of Asklepios, around two hours’ drive from Athens. During the annual summer Athens & Epidaurus Festival there are regular performances of ancient classics, such as plays by Euripides. Attend for an uncanny sense of what the experience was like for theatregoers around 2000 years ago. For more details see www.greekfestival.gr/en; most performances take place in August and September; book tickets on +30 210-32 72 000. Qawaali Singers, Delhi, India Rather than pure entertainment, the Qawaali singers at the shrine of Hazrat Nizamuddin, perform for an important religious, devotional purpose. However, the songs after evening prayers are open to all, and visiting when the performance is taking place is a mystical and evocative experience that should not be missed if you’re in the area. The devotional concert feels as if it has barely changed for hundreds of years; pilgrims collect smouldering incense and buy trinkets to leave at the shrine, and the hypnotic music mesmerises the crowd. The singing takes place nightly from around sunset at Hazrat Nisamuddin Dargah, Delhi; it’s most spectacular on Thursdays and feast days. Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, London Close to the site of the iconic Elizabethan Globe theatre, London’s contemporary Globe was created to evoke the original, a half-timbered theatre-in-the-round, open to the sky. Attending a Shakespeare performance here today is unlike any other theatrical experience, especially if you stand with the ‘groundlings’, the cheapest price ticket, though you don’t have to contend with brawling and lack of toilets as the Elizabethans standing in this area would have. Although you have to stand, there’s no better way to feel involved in the show and close to the action. To read more, see the program and book tickets, see www.shakespearesglobe.com. Presepe Vivanti (Living Nativity), Sutri, Lazio, Italy Living Nativities – re-enactments of the story of Jesus Christ’s birth in a stable – take place all over Italy over Christmas. Some are impressive pageants, some small and local recreations of the Christmas story. The one at Sutri in Lazio, a short trip from Rome, is of the latter variety, but deserves particular mention because of its mesmerising, back-in-time setting, which is the hollowed-out Etruscan tombs that surround the town. The scenes are candlelit; the atmosphere compelling. It definitely feels not-of-this-century. For more information, contact the Sutri Turismo; check the local town hall website at www.comune.sutri.vt.it. Bali Dancers / Balinese Dance - Yellow Gold Silk Bali Dancers / Balinese Dance - Yellow Gold Silk by Dominic Alves. Creative Commons Attribution Licence Balinese Dance, Indonesia Resembling ancient temple reliefs come to life, Balinese dancers are exquisite, even otherworldly looking, elaborately dressed in outfits of bright colours shot through with delicate gold, with fresh flowers adorning their headdresses. They use stylised hand and feet gestures, as well as eye movements, imbued with ancient meaning. Traditional dances are tied up with religious expression, and tell the stories of the great Hindu epics. But beyond its liturgical function, Balinese dance is also a majestic spectacle, and one that connects you directly to the past. At Ubud Palace, Jl Raya Ubud, Bali, there are near-nightly performances in a royal setting, while Pura Dalem Ubud Jl Raya Ubud, is one of the prettiest venues. Read more: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/themes/best-in-travel-2013/best-back-in-time-entertainments/?intaffil=lpemail#ixzz2EmsPhD4v

Posted on: November 26, 2012 at 6:02PM

thought I had gotten a great deal when I traveled to Cancun Mexico and bought a timeshare (this was my second timeshare purchase) to the beautiful Palace Resorts Premier organization. I guess it's all in the way that you look at it. Palace Resorts offers some of the most beautiful five star properties in Mexico. I have a hard time deciding which one of their properties is my favorite. Moon Palace Resort is huge, boasting over 2,000 deluxe jacuzzi rooms. Their lobby entrance is grand, decorated with marble columns, marble floors so clean you could even eat off of them, and gorgeous stained glass ceilings. The lobby is bustling with excitement and visitors are scurrying to and from the 12 on-site restaurants, shops, and spa facilities. You really couldn't ask for a more wonderful vacation resort. Then there is my personal favorite, the Playacar Palace Resort. Playacar has about 200 modern and beautifully appointed deluxe jacuzzi rooms. The view is spectacular as you look out over the blue greens of the Mexican caribbean sea. Off in the distance faintly, you can see the island of Cozumel and at night, the island's twinkling lights. Just to your left, the ferry boats maintain their busy schedule taking tourists and local workers to and from the island of Cozumel many times throughout the day. If you are a shopper, you will love Playacar as the famous 5th Avenue shops are right around the corner from the resort. There is a huge local Mexican marketplace right beside it. The famed Froggy's sits right on Playacar's small, but white powder sugary sand beach. The pools and swim up bar are ever so relaxing. The service is second to none anywhere I have traveled. I could go on and on, and maybe now you can see why I purchased my timeshare. But the point to all of this is vacation discounts. Now that I have purchased way too many weeks for me and my family to use in both of our lifetimes, I sell the use of my VIP membership on Ebay. That is a great deal for you, the vacationer, as you get all of my benefits and save $700 or more off of your deluxe jacuzzi room while getting a free manicure, pedicure, massage and free unlimited tours and so much more. You will have an excellent vacation taking advantage of using my VIP discount. But that's not all. I recently joined a travel membership club that, had I known existed before purchasing my timeshare, hands-down, I would not have purchased my timeshare. Here's why. My Palace Resorts Timeshare is an excellent timeshare. I know what I am going to get when I travel and I know I am getting the best value for my money. I have to be honest with you though. It was very very expensive. The downpayment was expensive and now the monthly payments on top of that are very expensive. I even have my whole timeshare up for sale, along with selling the use of my membership weeks on Ebay. Here's why I have it up for sale. I joined a travel membership club. When I took a look at this membership club and saw that they were negotiating with Palace Resorts to get just about the same discounted rates (not the same vip membership benefits but just a little bit higher cost than my own vip membership WITHOUT having to join the timeshare), I almost fell off of my computer chair. In fact, this membership club offers timeshare travel to four and five star resorts (over 5,000 of them worldwide), and deep discount cruises and airfare discounts, without having to pay the extraordinary charges associated with a timeshare, to numerous resorts I had already been to. I knew the quality of the resorts they were offering and it took me about a half hour and I became a member. Having owned two timeshares, I immediately saw the value in this club membership and knew I would never buy another timeshare again during my lifetime. I could not believe that they even have what are called "hot weeks" to five star resorts for $298 per week! The most they ever charge is $698 for a week for a family of up to four. And, they were offering to give members a chance to tell others about their club and if they did, and someone joined, they could earn up to $1,000 over and over again. It does seem to be too good to be true, but now I have something else I can pass along to my children and family members that will allow them to save literally thousands upon thousands of dollars when they go on vacation. In conclusion, you have two new discount vacation options open to you. . . you can rent my timeshare week on Ebay which is a great deal (remember, I paid all of the timeshare costs so you don't have to) by paying to use my VIP membership number or you can find out more information about joining one of the best travel clubs on the planet today, backed by 20 years of success, and save yourself and your family a small fortune in the process.

Posted on: November 26, 2012 at 5:24PM

Should you buy a timeshare or join a vacation club is a question that has been asked by many who love to travel. The more you know about each, the better decision you will be able to make. I am an avid traveler and love to head toward any resort that offers a white, sandy beach. I have also owned several timeshares (and do presently) and also, more recently, now own a vacation club membership. The truth being told, if I had to do it all over again after joining the vacation club, I would never have purchased a timeshare. Many timeshares are very expensive. You need to put money down up front or pay for the entire timeshare purchase. The most expensive timeshares require a lot of money up front but they don't necessarily require maintenance fees. Even though you pay a significant amount of money up front you still have to pay when you travel. The only difference is that you will save about $1,000 off the week that you book and you will have other priviledges that non-timeshare owners don't have. You do have great flexibility in when you can travel and how often you can travel with some of the timeshares. Other timeshares don't cost quite as much and they have what are called fixed weeks. Fixed week timeshares don't require a payment at the time that you travel but you will be paying maintenance fees every month or every year depending on how your timeshare company sets up your payments. The problem with monthly fees is that they can go up uncontrollably and you are subject to increased payments due to natural disasters. The club membership that I have requires that you pay a one time, lifetime fee up front to join. It is about the cost of a nice one week vacation that you might take your family on to join, however, once you pay that once in a lifetime cost, you are only obligated to pay for the actual weeks that you choose. Those weeks range in price from $298 to $698 on average. Occasionally there will be a more expensive week offered, but there are over 5,000 weeks to choose from that are under $698. There are accommodations for two to four for the same one week price. There are numerous four and five star resorts, including some Gold Crown RCI resorts that are part of the membership club. I would definitely choose a membership club over ever buying another timeshare. The investment I paid up front will pay itself back in my next two or three vacations. Then I am free to travel as many times a year as I want and take as many guests along as I want as well at the same discount price that I receive. The more flexible you are the more money you will save. Can you imagine staying in a five star resort in Hawaii during a "hot week" for $298? or even for $698? How about going on a cruise for $298! It's true. You just have to know where to go to find out.

Posted on: November 23, 2012 at 11:35PM

Miami, Florida The queen of all beaches in the World, Miami is a paradise for beach lovers and a hot vacation spot for summer vacation. The azure waters and silver sand of Miami beaches makes it one of the best vacation hot spots in Florida. If you are a shopaholic then Bay side Marketplace is a must visit place for you. An open air shopping arena, complete with famous fashion labels in the country makes it a hit amongst fashionistas all across the world. While the women shop to their heart's content in Bay side, men can entertain themselves at Doral Golf Resort and Spa. Orlando, Florida If your kids are accompanying you on your trip, then this is a place you cannot afford to give this vacation spot a miss Why? Because, they can meet their beloved Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and company here. Yes, Disney World resort is a place to see for kids and adults alike. Among other places, Universal Studio, SeaWorld, Islands of Adventure make for great sight seeing. The various dinner theaters across the city are also worth visiting. Honolulu, Hawaii The ultimate exotic travel location of the world, Honolulu is a land of historical edifices and skyscrapers. The historic Pearl Harbor, Waikiki Beach and the Waikiki Aquarium are some of the must-see tourist destinations in Honolulu. So, if you wish to experience tropical climate and exotic Hawaiian hospitality, then Honolulu is the place to go. New York City, New York Your trip to the US wouldn't be complete unless you visit the Big Apple of the world. The city that never sleeps has a lot to offer in terms of tourism as well. Board a ferry at Battery Park to Liberty Island and marvel at the Statue of Liberty. You may also take a stroll at Central Park or watch the rush hour bustle at Time Square, the heart of New York City. China Town, Empire State Building are some of the jewels of New York City tourism. Las Vegas, Nevada Want to experience what night life in Las Vegas is like? Take a Las Vegas vacation or at least book a two-night stay in the gambling capital of the world and experience the adrenaline rush as you roll the chips in your hand. Even the most sober of persons cannot resist the temptation of gambling in one of the many casinos in Vegas. Venetian Resort and Casino, Aladdin Hotel Casino are some of the places that can assure you some good time and fun. Hollywood, California Catch your favorite stars in action in the entertainment capital of the world. Hollywood is a dream destination for all those interested in television and movies. Mann's Chinese Theater, Hollywood Sign, Universal Studios, Hollywood Walk of Fame, Kodak Theater are amongst the many tourist destinations in Hollywood. Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/vacation-hot-spots-in-usa.html

Posted on: November 21, 2012 at 6:38PM

“Berkshire Concepts helps us again” Reviewed September 12, 2011 109people found this review helpful having a very nice time at the inn at Oceans Edge. When we checked in they tried to hit us with a $350 per night charge. I showed them my email with the $230 rate from berkshire concepts which they honored. What a beautiful place. After checking in , we took a look at the Camden harbour Inn (from the outside) and are happy we made the choice to stay here. The weather was great and my wife and I enjoyed every minute we were here. We look forward to more berkshire trips.

Posted on: September 18, 2012 at 11:12PM

here's another one for you 1. Plat Beach Dubrovnik Number 1 on the countdown is one of Croatia's best-hidden beaches with kicking nightlife. This tiny beach is a balmy oasis of beautiful landscapes. The beach has very little shade, so an umbrella is a must to provide some shelter and a little privacy on the nude beach. In the evening, head to the best restaurants and clubs in Croatia. Click here for a full description of Dubrovnik's nightlife.

Posted on: September 18, 2012 at 11:08PM

If you’re looking for some California lovin', head to one of Tinseltown's sexiest beaches along the famous Pacific Coast Highway. This is where the voluptuous Santa Monica Mountains meet the ocean; where you can sip chilled chardonnay overlooking a vista of dolphins and migrating gray whales. One of the largest and most popular escapes near Los Angeles, Zuma Beach in Malibu boasts long, wide sand, great surf and a celebrity clientele. Adjacent to million-dollar mansions and over-the-top holiday homes, this stretch has been known to attract such celebrities as Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. So if you’d like a side of stargazing with your sand, Zuma is for you.

Posted on: September 12, 2012 at 12:49AM

Beaches around the world are a frequent topic of discussion for travelers planning their vacation. From exotic beaches off Pacific or Caribbean islands, to beaches in the Great Lakes, millions of miles of beaches can be found around the globe. Finding the right beach for your vacation is part of planning the perfect trip. Choosing the beach that will meet your needs based on the activities you enjoy or offering you the opportunities to avoid or join the crowds is just part of the planning and needs to be done before you go. United States Beaches It is said the the United States has over 12,000 miles of coastline along the ocean and that does not even include the thousands of miles of inland coastline found in the country as well. Offering this vast amount of area, it is easy to see why choosing the right beach can seem overwhelming. In celebration of these amazing coastlines however, here are just some of the most well known, most beautiful or most popular beaches in the U.S. today. Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore – Quite cold most of the year, this may not be the best place for swimming in June however, you will be hard pressed to find a more beautiful and pristine beach. In addition the sugar white sand beaches which extend for miles offer a fun way to explore the unique beauty that is the state of Michigan. Cape Hatteras – Again, not necessarily the warmest beach, Cape Hatteras is located on the coast of North Carolina and is known as the Graveyard of the Atlantic. Your opportunities to explore the history of the area is rich in addition to offering great opportunities to windsurf, kayak and simply enjoy the view. Perdido Key – Easy to see what makes this beach so spectacular, or perhaps easy to feel, Perdido Key is located on the Gulf of Mexico’s Florida/Alabama border and is warm, sunny and perfect for relaxing year round. White sand, great wildlife,and beautiful swimming make this a top pick for any beach goer. Polihale Beach – Easy to forget that Hawaii is part of the United States, this beach is just one of a hundred you could choose from on the Hawaiian Islands. Polihale Beach is known for its beauty. Located on the island of Kauai, this is one beach that is more well known than almost all others for the view. You have to see it to really believe it. What is your favorite beach?

Posted on: August 13, 2012 at 11:00PM

I'm looking for a hotel In the Hunnington Beach area that's close to the ocean, But family orientated. I'm Planning to Take my son on a surfing vacation but make a family trip As well... Any ideas or could anyone recommend a decent place to stay???

Posted on: August 13, 2012 at 10:54PM

I love the beaches off the pacific. Great vacation areas and excellent waves for surfing!

You are posting a reply to Berkshire Concepts SEXY vacation spots

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions