Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

See Fairy Penguins for Free!

By Guest

Posted on: October 08, 2008 at 2:38PM

If you are in Melbourne and are interested in seeing the fairy penguins, you don't need to pay for an expensive tour to Phillip Island to see them. Most tourists pay for a bus tour to Phillip Island where they have to stand behind a rope and get a very poor view of the cute penguins. There's a rock pier in Mornington (please confirm the location with a local) where a small colony of the penguins live. They are accustomed to people watching them and you can get up close to them. The best time is to go is about midnight or later, when they are returning to feed their young. We stayed till 2 AM watching them walk around within just a few feet of us! Again, please check with a local, I'm not sure the penguins are there year round. We got our information from a waiter at a restaurant (it never hurts to ask!). report a problem

You are posting a reply to See Fairy Penguins for Free!

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions