Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Mailing your luggage.

By Guest

Posted on: November 20, 2008 at 3:01PM

To some, shipping your luggage to your vacation destination sounds like more trouble than it's worth. I thought long and hard about it but decided to do just that when I went on my trip to Bal Harbour, Florida in December of 2006. I used the USPS (United States Postal Service) to ship my luggage in a good size box which I padded very well with shredded paper. It arrived at the hotel a day before I left. The plus of this was that all I had to bring was my carry on, which cut the entire check in process by at least an hour as there were lines backed up for those checking in any baggage (There were also issues with their system which further delayed the process). Before I knew it I was at my terminal with a few magazines waiting to board. Even better was deplaning as all I had to do was go to get my car rental & head to the hotel. The cost to ship was about $50, but the convenience of going through security quickly, & not having to wait to check my bags in or pick them up paid for itself big time. Coming back home I did the same. I left the box at the hotel, (sealed of course) and scheduled a pick up from there. The bag arrived a day after I got home and once again boarding & leaving the plane was yet another "in & out" with no delays. Try it out, I highly recommend it. report a problem

You are posting a reply to Mailing your luggage.

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions