Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By gretchendancy

Posted on: March 01, 2012 at 10:42PM

DO NOT go to this hotel. Took my sister-in-law, as a 30th Bday gift/girls get away. I left my kids at home for the first time and brought her here, for what I thought was going to be a nice, relaxing get away. Normally, stay at the Setai , in South Beach but really wanted nice, easy long weekend, away from all the action. Going up to our room, night number one, a bellman follows us into the elevator. It is late and we are discussing how hungry we are. He says it is too late and he will get us pizza....next thing we know, he is in our room, on our bed with an erection telling us, "Look what I have for you". Very scary and disturbing and hotel did NOTHING but make US feel uncomfortable. Had to have police come to take statement because hotel never made us feel safe. We left first thing in the morning, feeling very uncomfortable. Will NEVER stay at another Ritz (did anyone know they are owned by Mariott now? I did not until Marriott's "prevention loss" team contacted me, to see what we 'wanted'). All I wanted was an official apology and assurance that this is not what happens in Ritz/Marriott hotels after you have spent $1400 for one day. You would think that would at least assure you, security. It did not for us. They are still fighting us, that their employee did nothing wrong, on the grounds that what he did to us "was not under the scope of his empoyment" . He was working that night...as a bellman. We checked in 12 hours prior. What was within the scope of his employment? Certainly not what he did in our bed. Do NOT stay here....SCARY. report a problem

You are posting a reply to UNSAFE Property

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions