Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Best hotel and dining value all in one!

By Guest

Posted on: November 07, 2008 at 8:36AM

I have been visiting and heading tours to Santa Fe for 57 years, camping at Black Canyon and staying in the best of the best hotels. Inn of the Governors, just two blocks from the Plaza, is the secret value: small but well-appointed rooms with good linens, robes, and powerful hair dryers; a lovely lobby with free internet and sherry/tea service in the afternoon; a fun and friendly bar; helpful concierge, a small but beautifully landscaped pool area; free parking (no overnight fee; no valet fees, a rarity in downtown Santa Fe,) a hot and cold breakfast buffet with everything from chilaquiles to fresh fruit; and a helpful and gracious staff, many of whom have been there for years. Even if you are not staying there, avail yourself of the limited but delicious and inexpensive menu in the El Charro Bar. They serve from lunchtime, into the late evening: a chili relleno in a unique sauce, hamburger, salmon wrap, nachos, and desserts. The sangria is a refreshing treat to begin, or end, a day in The CIty Different. I visit several times a year, and Inn of the Governors tweaks something every time I go, be it an upgrade to the room toiletries, or an appealing revamping of the lobby. The Inn is simply lovely: windowboxes with seasonal color that will entice you to snap your camera even before you unpack! report a problem

You are posting a reply to Best hotel and dining value all in one!

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions