Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Throw Me Something Mister!

By Guest

Posted on: August 21, 2009 at 12:31AM

If you always wanted to go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans but hate crowds and drunks, you can still celebrate by going 1, 2 & 3 weeks before Mardi Gras Tuesday, when it's not as crowded. You wonít miss anything. There are parades during the week leading up to Fat Tuesday, and you can still catch as many beads and trinkets as you want. A common mis-conception is that women lift their blouses for beads all over the place. But that is only on Bourbon Street (and itís still frowned upon). The weeks before Mardi Gras are family oriented. If you want a great treat, get a package deal at Michaulís Cajun Restaurant on the parade route on Charles Street, which includes unlimited food to die for, drinks and grand-stand seating for a parade. Itís a blast! report a problem

You are posting a reply to Throw Me Something Mister!

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions