Current Time

Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›

By Guest

Posted on: September 08, 2009 at 10:08PM

So, most people come to NYC for the first time and stay in Times Square. Or what us locals call mid-town. It is overpriced, crowed and you only get a small percentage of the feel of NYC. However, if you do want to stay there, PLEASE WALK around the city. ALL OVER! It is an incredibly easy city to walk in. If you get lost, ask directions. We New Yorkers are helpful if curt. Don't take offense, we got places to be. :) Also, there is always a subway close by if you feel like you are too tired to walk back to your hotel. If you want to stay elsewhere, check out the west village and chelsea. They are cute, clean and friendly neighborhoods. The Four Points Sheraton on 24th street was great! I had my Mom stay there so she could be close to me (I live in Chelsea) but she was out of Times Square and near a Whole Foods and she loved it! Basically, get out and see the whole city and don't be afraid to roam. You'll realize just how small NYC can really be :) report a problem

Posted on: June 05, 2013 at 2:42PM

Yeah, NYC just started the bike share system too! It's actually really easy getting around in the city once you get the hang of it or have a good guide. I went to <a href ="http://www.nyctourist.com/" target="_blank">NYCTourist.com</a> before my first trip - they have awesome transportation guides and a blog that gave me tons of tips for things I never would have thought to do while I was there. I also took a tour the first day I was there and our guide was really helpful suggesting things to do. My favorite place to stay is in Times Square so you can walk tons of places and have access to everywhere else through the subway

Posted on: July 01, 2010 at 11:50AM

Now there are lots of bike rental companies, so if you want to experience the whole of Manhattan, you don't need to walk everywhere. Most of the bike rental places are clustered around Central Park, but one is located at South Street Seaport. TourguideStan

You are posting a reply to where to stay

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions