Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

Tips: Outdoor Restaurants and Bars

By Guest

Posted on: October 06, 2008 at 10:33PM

Best Outdoor Restaurants and Bars 1. Hudson Terrace: though a bit out of the way, it is much less crowded and much classier than some of Manhattan's most sought-after rooftop lounges. It has two levels-- one with an ample dancefloor and outdoor deck, and one with a breathtaking view of the Hudson River and lounge area. 2. Grammery Park Hotel Terrace: it is unfortunately for private parties only, but if you are lucky enough to get an invite, it's a lovely and intimate lush rooftop lounge with plush couches. It has a view of lower Manhattan. One to avoid: 1. 230 Park: this place is way too crowded and touristy. It must have been listed in a bunch of tourist guides because the scene is completely obnoxious and loud with way too many people packed on to a terrace with an otherwise great view of the Empire State Building and Midtown. report a problem

Posted on: October 15, 2008 at 5:14PM

Good call on 230 Park, ahitomi. Way too expensive ($9 a beer? Are you kidding me?). My favorite spot is Me bar at the top of the La Quinta hotel on W. 32nd Street in Korea town. It's a few blocks from the Empire State building, drinks are reasonable, and, from its rooftop terrace, you can look right up at the iconic needle of the skyscraper. Pretty cool.

You are posting a reply to Tips: Outdoor Restaurants and Bars

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions