Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

SAFETY WHILE TRAVELING IN NEW YORK CITY

By Guest

Posted on: October 08, 2008 at 7:36PM

WHEN TRAVELING IN NEW YORK CITY, ALWAYS KEEP SAFETY IN MIND. BE MINDFUL OF THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU. NEVER PULL MONEY OUT OF YOUR WALLET OR PURSE WHILE WALKING ON THE STREET TO COUNT IT. LOCK YOUR PURSE UNDER ONE ARM AGAINST YOUR CHEST, OR PLACE YOUR WALLET IN YOUR FRONT PANTS POCKET WHILE WALKING DOWN THE STREET. NEVER CROSS A BUSY STREET AGAINST THE CROSS WALK SIGN'S. PAY ATTENTION TO TAXI CABS OR CARS AS YOU ARE CROSSING. WHEN GOING UP IN A ELEVATOR, NEVER ENTER AN ELEVATOR BY YOURSELF, ALWAYS MAKE SURE THERE ARE AT LEAST TWO OTHER PEOPLE WITH YOU WHEN ENTERTING. WHEN STAYING IN HOTELS, MAKE A POINT OF KNOWING WHERE THE EXITS ARE, AS WELL AS THE NEAREST SET OF STAIRS. AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES USE THE ELEVATORS IF THE FIRE ALARM GOES OFF. USE THE STAIRS. PLACE A CHAIR ONCE INSIDE YOUR HOTEL ROOM SO THE TOP OF THE BACK OF THE CHAIR REST IS TIGHTLY UNDER THE DOOR KNOB & BRACE THE LEGS OF THE CHIAIR TIGHTLY AGAINST THE FLOOR ON AN ANGLE SO NO ONE CAN FORCE THEIR WAY INTO THE ROOM. AND ALWAYS MAKE SURE USE DEAD BOLT ALL THE DOOR LOCKS BEFORE GOING TO SLEEP. AS YOU WOULD IN YOUR OWN HOME. KNOW THE NUMBERS FOR ANY EMERGENCY'S THAT MIGHT OCCUR. AND BY NO MEANS OPEN THE FRONT DOOR TO ANYONE DURING THE NIGHT SUCH AS MAIDS OR HOUSEMEN OR MAINTENANCE MEN WITHOUT FIRST CALLING THE FRONT DESK TO SEE IF THEY ARE WHO THEY SAY THEY ARE. SAFETY ALWAYS FIRST. report a problem

Posted on: October 08, 2008 at 9:29PM

Safety is always important when traveling. But to single out NYC is not accurate. I am siting just a few. taken from http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp. Higher in both violent crime and property crime, Orlando, Fl; Phoenix, Az; Atlanta GA; and Denver, Co. And this by far not the complete list.

You are posting a reply to SAFETY WHILE TRAVELING IN NEW YORK CITY

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions