Currency

user posts + reviews

• Font Size:  A A A
‹ previous | next ›
Post a Reply Start a New Discussion

travel with a small pet- the best hotels at good prices

By blondage

Posted on: October 20, 2008 at 1:55PM

NYC is my favorite. It's easy to find a luxurious hotel in NYC, as well as a cheap one any time of the year. But what about those hotels that straddle the line? A nice 3 or 3.5 star hotel that isn't out of bounds of the easy to use subway system. Add another layer of traveling with a tiny dog (like me) and you have to become an expert price, location, service, size of room, additional fees for my best buddy (some do, but many don't require them)etc. Hotels for dogs are easy in the 5 to 4 star arena. When you get to the 3 star ones, it becomes hazy. I have been doing this for 6 years and have lots of tips. I am too old and too spoiled to stay at a 1-2 start hotel so they are eliminated from my list. It's guerilla hotelfare in the 3-star hotel market! Let's go...next week for the first time I booked the ThirtyThirty Hotel New York in Midtown East. 2.5 blocks from the subway 6, I can go quickly Uptown East to the art museums, or the other way to the East Village. It's alot cleaner than Midtown West, take it from me. Although the Affinia Manhattan at Macy's Square was nice too. I used QUIKBOOK to reserve a room for $265 per night for a twin bedded closet sized room, just to have soething 3 months in advance. Since there are no cancellation fees (24 hr penalty only) I was able to catch a deal 5 days prior to leaving on the hotel's site, that offered a spacious KING room for only $20 more. It was luck, and constant checking on their site too. I will write about it when I get back before Halloween...! talk to you soon. Jill and Fifi/Chicago report a problem

You are posting a reply to travel with a small pet- the best hotels at good prices

Not ? sign in here ›

*Your post:
Please note that you won't be able to edit your reply after you submit it. No HTML.
I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Posting Guidelines.
‹ previous | next ›
*The Daily Traveler: The day's best travel tips, secrets, and news that won't wait.

My Concierge.com

Advertisement

I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its User Agreement, Privacy Policy, and Mobile Terms and Conditions.

iPhone App:

Create personalized postcards out of your favorite travel photos!

Learn More ›
Subscribe to our free RSS feeds:

Get the latest destinations picks, hot hotel lists, travel deals and blog posts automatically added to your newsreader or your personalized homepage.

Learn More ›

Advertisement

Special Advertisement

Contests, Sweepstakes & Promotions